Electronics have become such a huge part of our daily lives. When things don’t work right, your whole day is off track! This doesn’t have to be the case. Whether it’s your cell phone, tablet, computer, or your favorite gaming system we’ll get it fixed up right! You won’t need to switch to ramen noodles for a month! We are an electronic device repair shop. We can repair your device, in most cases for less than the other guys. Just because another repair shop has been around for a few decades doesn’t mean they’re the best choice! Most other repair shops aren’t really “true repair shops”, they will happily replace bad boards but don’t have the expertise or skills to perform complete electronic device repair. They might simply send your boards that are bad to a business like us, an electronic device repair shop that can do Board Level Repair.
What can we fix?
Whether it’s a cracked screen, your battery won’t hold a charge, or something spilled on it, here’s a short list of what you might have that we can fix for you:
- Cell phones
- A/V equipment
- Gaming Consoles
- Industrial test equipment
- Industrial controls equipment
- … and more!
How can we fix it better and more economically?
We look beyond the simple and expensive options for a repair. Like changing a whole board or part if a simple little component is bad. We replace the part, not the whole board! This saves you money because a new charging board on an iPhone can cost upwards of $300, while a simple replacement of the port can be a tenth of that!
- Diagnosis of fault – we can figure out what is wrong with your device, most of the time free of charge!
- Board level repair – most times the problem with a device is that a small little part has gone bad. So, instead of replacing a whole board (or even the device) we can replace the bad little part and get you on your way faster (and you usually spend less)!
- Display repair and replacement – got a cracked or bad screen? No problem! We can replace that screen easy peasy! Be it a laptop, tablet, mobile phone, or whatever it is.
- Cleaning – just like a car, your device “runs better” when it’s clean! And, when it’s clean, you don’t have to worry about germs lurking, waiting to get you (or your friends and family) sick! This applies as much to the outside as it does to the inside!
- Servicing, tune-ups, and upgrades – sometimes your device just isn’t working right, you’re not sure exactly how or why, but it doesn’t “work the way it’s supposed to“. We’ll take a look and figure it out, giving you options to get you back to “it just works“!
How long does it take to fix my device?
Well, that depends. If it’s something like a cracked screen, and we have the replacement in stock, then usually less than an hour (or two for some devices). If we have to order the replacement part or it’s more complex of a problem, then the time will vary (because we are at the mercy of our suppliers). Generally, repairs for most devices are measured in hours, not days or weeks!
How much does it cost?
Well, the price will vary based on the specifics of the repair. But what won’t vary (in most cases) is how much it will cost after we start the repair! Before we start to work on your device, we will give you a fixed price that includes all labor, parts, and taxes for what you need to be done! No more wondering how much it’ll cost to get your device fixed up until the repair is done – you’ll know from the start! While we do have a standard shop labor rate of $50.00 per hour, we like to use a fixed price for most services. Makes it easier for you to decide if the repair is worth it!
What parts are you using for Electronic Device Repair?
Where possible, we like to use new parts. However, sometimes cost or time makes it a better choice to use a used part – in this case, we make sure that the parts we use are of the best possible quality. Either way, you have a guarantee that the part will last or we make it right! We feel that if you’ve paid for a service, you should get what you pay for, nothing less. Period! Before you walk out of the door with your repaired device you’ll know what the warranty is on the repair – usually at least a year or more on workmanship and parts (parts that we supply).
How do I get my Electronic Device Repair done?
Simple – you can call, send a Facebook message, or use our self-service tool to get started!
How does this Electronic Device Repair work?
Once we have your information we’ll get in touch with you about drop off or pick up options. From there, you get your own web portal to communicate with us, view your history and current charges, and even pay your bill (coming soon will be the ability to pay by card or ACH)! You can also start a new repair order from your portal as well!
How will I know what work you’ve done?
We take detailed notes about the work we’ve done to every device we work on. In fact, in most cases you’ll be able to see the notes we take documenting the work we’ve done, any recommendations we’ve made, and it even serves as a way of tracking where your device is at in the repair process (coming soon)!
Recently upgraded your device?
Awesome! But don’t toss your old device in the closet or just throw it away! We accept e-waste of all types! Check out the list below for some of the more common e-waste types we can take care of for you – properly!
- A/V equipment
- … and more!
Do you have reviews?
If you head over to our Facebook page you can see what reviews we have, and you can leave an honest review as well. Good or bad, we (and the world) want to hear about your experience with us!
Things to note before service
As part of our repair services, there are a few things we want to make sure you are aware of, and that we ask that you acknowledge with a signature when we get your device. We just want you to know about it ahead of time so that you can ask any questions before we get started.
Below is what is on our “Intake Form” that we ask you to sign. Your signature not only shows that you are aware of our applicable policies, but also that you give us legal permission to work on your device.
By signing below, I authorize TeamRampage Services technician(s) to perform service work on my electronic device(s) and I understand:
* That TeamRampage Services is not an authorized service provider for any manufacturer.
* That TeamRampage Services is not responsible for any data loss that may occur as a result of service work performed on my device(s).
* That I have the option to, and I am responsible for backing up my device(s) before allowing any repair to be performed on my device(s).
* That TeamRampage Services will not browse through any personal, private, or confidential information or data; however, such data may inadvertently be seen during the course of the requested work. Such data will be protected as privileged data within the extent of the law.
* That I have the option to remove any confidential data from my device(s) prior to having repair work performed on my device(s).
* The password or pattern code should be made available to TeamRampage Services or deactivated before repair to the device(s) so that TeamRampage Services can perform certain testing of the repair(s).
* That repairs or technical support performed by TeamRampage Services may void manufacturer warranties, especially in the case of Apple device repairs.
* TeamRampage Services and its affiliates do not assume any liability or warranty in the event that the manufacturer warranties are voided but may, at its sole discretion, offer its own warranty on the parts and/or services performed.
* TeamRampage Services offers a 1 Year warranty on parts (unless not supplied by TeamRampage Services) and labor provided that TeamRampage Services can unlock the repaired device(s) to test that the repair(s) are successful. This warranty does not cover cracked glass/LCD/Digitizers, water damage to my device(s), or any other damage and/or malfunctions because of misuse, abuse, or negligence to the device(s).
* That if any device(s) left for more than thirty (30) days without prior arrangements or contact the device(s) becomes the property of TeamRampage Services and may do with it as we see fit.
* iPhone LCD/Digitizer repair may cause the Fingerprint Sensor/Home Button or display to become inoperable due to an Apple Firmware Problem.